BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 17, 2008





I have never really liked birds. I actually think people may say I hate birds. I think I figured it out though. When we were kids, my brother was a magician: "Mr. Fire the Mystifier". He had birds. Birds that had their wings clipped so they could not fly away. They would still try to fly though which meant there was just a helpless lame bird flapping through the house. Terrifying. So, what I have realized is that it is not so much the bird itself that I don't like but more the falling flapping bird in your house that I don't like. I say all this because I have really started to like birds lately. There is a hummingbird nest in my orange tree and that sweet little mama perches herself on that nest all day long. I have never seen a humming bird still. It is neat! So, here is as close as I could get without thinking she just might start poking me with her speedy little beak...

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Its groovy that you made the connection from your past with your bird aversion of the present. And its great that they're starting to grow on you. That nest is incredible. Thanks for sharing it :)

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

That is awesome. What a beautiful tree to house the bird family! The oranges look great too! Yum!